Friday, June 28, 2013

White Trash Trilogy

White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert

5 stars

White Trash Beautiful is the debut in Teresa Mummert’s White Trash Trilogy.  My blog co-host and BFF Susannah read and reviewed this one for RT Magazine and told me to BOLO it for the summer.  I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of this one and I am speechless.

Wow…just wow.  This book blew me away.  I was hooked from the first lines in this book. “I’m not naïve.  I know I don’t get the happily ever after.”  You know you are in for some drama with an opening like that; and I do mean DRAMA.  I didn’t know that I would be so connected to this story. This emotional riveting masterpiece had me on the edge of my seat.  I did not put this book down until the last period.  This is going in my top 20 ”must read”list.  I have never heard of Teresa Mummert, but I will be looking for her books to add to my reader ASAP.  I need more!

This book follows Cass as she is beat down, pushed around, and struggling with the hand that life has dealt her.  From her addict boyfriend to her dead in job and trailer park home this girl can not catch a break.  Until…Tucker White.  A mysterious stranger walks into her section in the diner where she is a waitress.  He shakes up her world and wants to protect her from her life and abusive boyfriend.  She reluctantly pushes him away and finds out he is a super star singer for a famous band.  She sneaks around and sees Tucker every chance she gets, but does not think she deserves better than the life she has.

Cass’ character is flawed and I found myself wanting to protect her, shake her to wake her up, and cry for her all at the same time.  She is given opportunities to remove herself from her life, but is loyal to her family.  I loved her character.

Tucker White is so HOT!  I’m not sure what to say about him.  He is a devoted bad boy rocker, with a sensitive side.  He is doing all he can to remove Cass from her terrible life and give her better; she keeps turning him down.  Tucker come and save me, I won’t say no!  I think Tucker White is giving Travis Maddox a run for his money in the book boyfriend department. 

Think of this book as a mash up of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Defying the Odds by Kele Moon, and Thoughtless by SC Stephens.  I can not wait to see what’s in store for us in the next installment.  I would even read about the rest of the band.  I really am interested in the Twins; they would make a great addition to this series or heck, give them their own!

I am giving you a standing ovation Ms. Mummert.  Please keep up the good work!

On another note I am a huge Maroon 5 fan (ask Susannah I drug her to their concert a few months ago) and I might be dreaming but I thought there were several M5 references such as: One More Night “The lyrics were beautiful, talking about staying with the person he no longer wanted for on more night.” Beautiful Goodbye or Sweetest Goodbye (I’ll let you pick) “He sang about having to say good-bye, a surprisingly upbeat tune given the subject.” Come Away to the Water “When he sang, “Come away to the water,” I couldn’t help but feel as if he were singing to me.”  Wipe Your Eyes “I’m here to wipe your eyes…’ His eye’s locked on min, and my heart fluttered and kicked into high gear in my chest. I won’t let you down.” I also remember reading (but forgot to highlight so I can not quote) tap on my window, knock on my door, I want to make you feel beautiful.
 
Synopsis
 
Cass Daniels isn’t waiting for her knight in shining armor. She knows that girls like her don’t get a happily ever after. Not if you live in a trailer with your mom, work at a greasy spoon diner, and get leered at by old men. Maybe that’s why she puts up with Jackson—her poor excuse for a boyfriend, who treats her like dirt. Cass has learned to accept her lot in life. That is, until he walks into her diner. 
His name is Tucker White, and he’s different from any man Cass has ever known. Tall, tattooed, and bad-ass gorgeous, he’s the lead singer of the rock band Damaged. From the moment they meet, Tucker sees something in Cass he just can’t shake. Something beautiful. Something haunted. Something special. And he’s determined to find out what it is—if only he can get her to open up and let him in. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment