Friday, June 28, 2013

Dark Protectors Series

Twisted by Rebecca Zanetti
3 1/2 stars
Twisted is number 5.5 in the Dark Protectors series by Rebecca Zanetti.  This is the second book that I have read by this author; the other was the Maverick Montana series which I love.  I love an author who can cross genres and not miss a beat.  Since paranormal and romance are my two favorite genres I love her even more.  I will have to go back and read this series at some point.

This action packed tailspin was lacking nothing.  I felt like starting this series at book five would be a disadvantage, but I was quickly swept into the story and into the lives of Zanetti’s shifters. 

I give the stand alone factor of this book props because I was not lost at all while reading.  Maggie is funny with her clumsiness.  Where so you start with Terrent?  I had Joe Manganiello pictured in my head for his character (maybe this is beacuse True Blood is back this summer).  Smoking hot is the only words that come to mind and leaving me speechless is hard to do, congratulations Ms. Zanetti.  Needless to say I liked this book because of Terrent.  It just makes me wonder what hotness that I am missing in this series. 

Synopsis:

 Maggie is a wolf shifter who was captured and experimented on by the Kurjans. Now that a cure has finally been found for shifters (although not for vampire mates or witches), she can concentrate on creating a new life for herself and finally accepting that her memories are gone forever. Most memories, that is. Sometimes in the hazy world between dreams and dawn, she hears a Scottish voice, dark and deep, that sounds suspiciously like wolf-shifter Terrent Vilks. A man she happened to anger by kidnapping a few years back. Hey, it was for a good cause.
Terrent Vilks knows more than he’s let on for the past several years. After digging for answers, he knows exactly why the demons want Maggie dead. And he remembers his past with Maggie…very well. She is finally where he wants her. Now all he has to do is discover what exactly the Kurjans did to her, beat the demons into so much submission they leave her alone, and get her to fall in love with him. Again. Good thing he’s used to wrangling monsters.

You tell me if Joe is Terrent...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment