Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Confessions Series

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend by Louise Rozett


The second book in the Confessions series by Louise Rozett is a heartfelt coming of age novel that follows the maturation of Rose Zarelli.  The book focuses on real situations that are believable and teens struggle with today.

Rose is a high school sophomore that is insecure with herself, grieving her father’s death, and lashing out in her own way even though she does not realize it.  She is also feeling sorry for her peers who are bullied, falling in love with a guy who is on the fence with his feelings, and trying to find herself.

This story contains raw emotional narration and dialog that I could not ignore.  It is beautifully written and believable.  The author captures a moment in time where situations could make or break you and this heroine rises to the occasion and overcomes.  The triumph and revelations on Rose’s journey to finding herself is a masterpiece.  I was rooting for her the entire book.

As for Jamie, what can I saw about him…make up your mind and stop stringing Rose along.  I love his flawed character and his tenderness toward Rose, but get with the program and realize what you have in front of you. 

The ending was spot on, I loved that Rose found what she was looking for.  The full circle that went have gone on with this character was endearing to say the least.  I am happy that Rose is on the road to finding herself.

For all my followers out there, you know that I am hooked on series and I can not wait for the next chapter in the Confessions series.  I (and everyone else who has read this book) want to know what happens to Rose and Jamie; I am rooting for you two.  And not to forget Tracy, Peter, Holly, and Conrad we want more. I am rating this book 4 star and I love the cover!

Synopsis

Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...
...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.
When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment