Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunshine

Sunshine by Nikki Rae

 
I got this book from my Goodreads group to read and review.  I like to do these from time to time and give myself a change up and introduce me to a new author.  I started reading this book with no expectations, but finished wanting more.

This book is most definitely a YA because there was only one kiss in this book, leaving me hoping there was more; the further I read the more I was hoping for more romance but I didn’t get it.  That did not change the fact that the plot was interesting and the characters developed well.  The book lagged at times, and needed some good editing, but was overall a good read.  I assume there will be a sequel; I hope it goes into detail more than this series starter did. 

I would have loved to see more romance, action, and clarity in the plot lines; but overall I was happy with this book.  I give it 3 stars!

Synopsis

 18 year old Sophie Jean is pretty good at acting normal. Sure, she’s not exactly happy, but happiness is nothing compared to being like everyone else. She can pretend she’s not allergic to the sun. She can hide what her ex-boyfriend did to her. She can cover up the scars she’s made for herself. Ignore anything. Forget anything. Then Myles enters her life, and he has more than a few secrets of his own. When accident after accident keeps happening to Sophie, she can’t help noticing that he’s everywhere. That he knows too much. That she’s remembering too much.
It’s one thing covering up her own dark past, but does she really need to worry about people finding out just how much Myles likes her? Or that despite how much she doesn’t want to repeat past mistakes, she kind of likes him back? Not to mention the fact that she now has to conceal that Myles drinks blood-that he says he’s about four hundred years old.
She almost forgot about that part.
But Sophie has no plans to ruin the normal life she has created for herself. She can deal with this little glitch, no problem. Even if word has gotten around to the wrong vampire about Sophie and Myles, even if she’s putting the few people she loves at risk. Suddenly, those who were monsters before are just people, and the monsters? They’re real. Now being a normal human being is the least of her problems. Now she has to stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment