Wednesday, June 5, 2013

All I Need


All I Need by Susane Colasanti

 

This light coming of age story follows two kids as they mature and follows life’s path.  I use the word “kids” loosely, Seth just graduated high school and Skye is in sophomore year.  This book follows their journey from love at first sight to growing up and trying to make the relationship work.

I have a few problems with this book.  First off, meeting at the beach and love at first sight, yeah I know how teens are and their concept of love is sometimes jaded but, come on now.  So just seeing someone, having one kiss, and hanging out one day could not give these kids the dying ever lasting love that they have in this book; infatuation maybe, but love I don’t think so.  Also, this chance meeting a year later only happens once in a lifetime or in books, case in point.

I do give the author credit to put this couple to the test with trials, but the trails were weak and unbelievable.  Example, after Skye has her spur of the moment road trip and visits Seth a college, sees him kissing another girl and just leaves.  Come on, really?  No confrontation, just leaves and when he calls her right after while she is on the road just accepts his explanation.  No fight, no questions, no turning around, give me a break.

To sum it up I was not impressed by this book and I am a huge fan of YA.  But on the plus side, I do love the cover!  I can honestly say that I do not know why I finished this book, but I could have saved my time and stopped half way through and started something that was better.

This was more like children’s fiction than a YA book.  I would say the age range is around 15-16 despite the sex scene that was very, very mild.

Synopsis

Skye wants to meet the boy who will change her life forever. Seth feels their instant connection the second he sees her. When Seth starts talking to Skye at the last beach party of the summer, it’s obvious to both of them that this is something real. But when Seth leaves for college before they exchange contact info, Skye wonders if he felt the same way she did—and if she will ever see him again. Even if they find their way back to each other, can they make a long-distance relationship work despite trust issues, ex drama, and some serious background differences?
Teen favorite Susane Colasanti returns to the alternating-voice style of her beloved debut When It Happens in this Serendipity-inspired story about summer, soul mates, and the moments that change our lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment