Saturday, July 20, 2013

Passion Potion

Passion Potion by Mary Beth Daniels

 


2 ½ Stars

 

Passion Potion is like Bewitched meets Alice in Wonderland.  I loved the way this book started out NA paranormal, but the author lost me in the portal jump into the spirit world.  Then it started to become a bad knock off of Alice in Wonderland with the magic mushroom and “eat me”.  I think I would have liked the book if that whole scenario was not written into it.  I loved the idea of Jet and Caleb and even Rah and Dei Lucrii and I will attempt to read the next installment in this series if it does not get too far fetched like certain parts of this book did.  If it gets too loopy I don’t mind putting it down. 

Like I stated above if there were more magic and romance instead of this spirit realm then I would have enjoyed this book.  I had no connections to the characters and the plot started strong and sunk quickly.  It was ok at best.  I think the cover was cheesy and it looked likes like there is a vibrator on the cover lol!

Synopsis:

Jet is a Nix, the daughter of an Enchantress who went outside her bloodlines. No one helps a Nix, and even though her father is in deep trouble with Dei Lucrii, a Dark Enchanter who paid her family an extraordinary sum to make a passion potion, Jet has no way to fix the powerful spell that killed her mother.

But someone is watching her. A very handsome someone whose face appears in a pewter bowl her mother always kept close by.

Could the boy be the secret to avoiding the curse of the Nix? Or is he the sort of distraction Jet REALLY can’t afford at a time like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment