Friday, July 12, 2013

Connections (sereis) by Kim Karr

Connected by Kim Karr 
4 ½ stars
Connected is the debut novel from author Kim Karr and the start of a new hit series entitled Connections.  This book blew me away.  It is one of the best NA books I have read all year and I average a book per day.  I have blown threw so many books in the past and only a handful has a story line that I can not forget; this is one of the few.

I am not the type of person who cries while reading a book.  The last one that had me bawling like a baby was This Girl by Colleen Hoover, until now.  Connected is a heartfelt, gut-wrenching, epic love story with twist and turns around every corner with a shocking ending that will leave you breathless and wishing the second installment was already released. 

The hero and heroine are believable and flawed to perfection; the secondary characters are interesting as well.  The plot is deep and the writing style is perfection.  The foreshadowing is unbelievable and leaving me awestruck. This is the perfect book for lovers of the rock star genre.  Oh, and one of my favorite things in this book is the rock star has met the D-Bags and mentions Kellan Kyle!  Yes, I just said Kellan Kyle (my most favorite fictitious rockers) from S.C. Stephens Thoughtless series. 

So readers, if you are a fan of Thoughtless and Beautiful Disaster then this book is right up your alley.  I would go into an overview of this book, but because I loved it so much I might give away spoilers so I am attaching the synopsis along with some of my favorite quotes.

“One day, if you change your mind…just know you’ll aways be my once-in-a-lifetime.”

“…do you like the D-bags? I ask her, knowing what I’m about to tell her will definitely freak her out. ‘Of course I do! I love Kellan Kyle you know him too?’  I nod…”

Synopsis:

What if a ‘Once in a Lifetime’ could happen twice?

Suffering from a past full of tragedy, Dahlia London's soul has been left completely shattered. Happily ever after is a far cry from reality in her world. But, when she is reconnected with her past, the bonds that form are irrefutable.

When River Wilde, lead singer of The Wilde Ones, comes back into Dahlia’s life, the intensity that fires their relationship combined with underlying feelings that have never died lead her to believe she has met her soulmate.

Struggling with confusion as old connections fade and new ones begin, Dahlia's grief begins to lift--but guilt remains. River wants to be the one to mend all that is torn within her.

But with a past that is never really gone, can their future survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment