Saturday, July 20, 2013

Contributor

Contributor by Nicole Ciacchella
 

I have a confession to make, this book went in to the “did not finish” pile.  I really tried to connect to this book, but the plot and characters didn’t interest me.  I felt Dara to be living in her perfect world, but isn’t this a post apocalyptical/dystopian type book?  Jonathan got on my nerves and the bickering in the engineering program got on my nerves.  I just couldn’t connect.  I was also surprised at the high rating it got on Goodreads.

Synopsis:

One of only three students chosen for an elite, year-long apprenticeship, seventeen-year-old Dara Morrow is eager to excel in the high-stakes competition and prove herself a devoted Contributor. Success means a prosperous future with her Job Creator. Failure means losing her standing in society.

But Dara’s competition is ruthless, and her exacting master has little patience for her. When her mother is injured, Dara’s prospects become even more uncertain. If she can’t learn to navigate the hazards of the system, she risks not only her own safety, but that of all those she loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment