Thursday, December 19, 2013

Swans Landing Series by Shana Norris

Surfacing by Shana Norris

Swans Landing # 1

OK first off let me say that I love Shana Norris.  I love her writing style and this book did not disappoint. 

This is the very first mermaid book I have read.  I’m not too keen on this subject, but after dong an author interview with Shana I had to read this book.  I love the approach to the whole sea creature world.  I and want to know more. 

I was bound to my Kindle from the first chapter until the last word.  I didn’t want to put this book down and felt that it was beautifully written.  The characters in this book are flawed and believable…well as believable as a mermaid or finfolk as they are called in this book can be. 

The charisma and compassion I felt for these people while reading this book took me on a journey that I didn’t want to end.

I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Synopsis:

Sixteen-year-old Mara Westray has just lost her mother, and now, being shipped off to live with the father she doesn’t know is not how she imagined grieving. She’s already counting down the days until she turns eighteen and can leave the tiny island of Swans Landing.
But from the moment she steps off the ferry, nothing is as ordinary as it looks. Whispers of a haunting song on the wind make her see impossible things, and she isn’t sure she can trust her judgment about what is real and what isn’t anymore. Maybe she can’t even trust her judgment about quiet Josh Canavan, whose way of speaking in riddles and half-truths only confuses her more, luring her deeper into the secrets hidden beneath the ocean’s surface.
As she tries to unravel the events that led to her mom fleeing the island sixteen years ago, Mara finds that the biggest secret of all is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment