Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Back-Up series by A.M. Madden


Back-Up
Back-Up # 1
by A.M. Madden
5 Stars
 
I first want to thank A.M. Madden for hitting me up to review this book. You never know what to expect when an author asks for a review. I didn't even read the synopsis for this book so I had no idea what I was in for. I am beyond pleasantly surprised with Back-Up.


Back-Up is the debut book in the self-titled new series by A.M. Madden. This is a rock star NA, so for all you guys that can't get enough of your leading rocker men then this story is for you.

From the first chapter I knew this book was going to be something special. The writing style Ms. Madden brought to this book was captivating and flowed throughout the book. The plot was your basic rock star meets girl, but the leading lady has a slight twist as she is going to be the band's back-up singer. So I definitely liked the twist on this ever so popular genre. I was fully engulfed in the magic that brings this book to life. Ms. Madden really drew me in.

The characters were unique, flawed to perfection, and realistic enough to leave me wanting more. The secondary characters were just as interesting as the leads so of course I want to know more about them as well. I even want to know more about the sleaze-balls Malcolm, Jennifer, and Jessa. I loved the slow build-up and the chemistry the Jack and Leila have on this crazy ride to the top.

I felt fully vested in this story-line as well as the likeable characters and the sub plots that managed to snag me hook, line and sinker. The ending is not quite a cliff-hanger but is close as one gets giving you just enough information to leave you with closure but also wanting more of the Devil's Lair group. This is a brilliant set up for the next addition!

All in all, this is a great start to one of my new favorite series. Ms. Madden you are a great writer and I can't wait for the next installment! And the cover change is a GREAT idea.

Favorite Characters:
Jack Lair (duh)
Evan
Hunter
Trey


Synopsis:
Leila Marino's biggest dream is to become a rock star. A lucky opportunity has her auditioning with an up & coming rock band named Devil's Lair. The band hires Leila as their back-up singer, signing her up for months in the studio and touring on the road with the sexy bunch.

Jack is the quintessential rock star…gorgeous…sexy…a walking orgasm. Jack Lair is the lead singer of Devil's Lair and his dreams are becoming reality as his band climbs the ladder of success. He's living the perfect life, and enjoying every minute of it. With a steady stream of sexual conquests that satisfies his raging libido, he thinks he has all he needs in life…until Leila enters it.

Jack is not prepared for the sudden pull he feels towards Leila, and struggles daily to deny his attraction is anything more. Leila finds falling for her new boss is constant torment. Both convince themselves friendship is their only option.

An intimate moment causes their willpower to collapse, and their erotic love affair to begin. Finding love was a bonus that neither Jack nor Leila anticipated. As they begin their tour together professionally and personally, life couldn't be any better for the couple. Until a mistake from Jack's past threatens their new relationship, and their perfect future together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment