Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jessica McClain Series by Amanda Carlson

Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson

Jessica McClain #1

1

Full Blooded is the first book in the Jessica McClain series by Amanda Carlson.  This series opener blew me away.  As a paranormal lover, this book was right up my alley.  It has action, adventure, and a hint of romance. 

I love the paranormal world that Ms. Carlson has created with Jessica McClain and her crew of misfits.  I love the adventures that the sups find themselves in.  I really liked this series starter and can’t wait to see where the series goes form here.

This is the best paranormal series I have read since Nikki & Michael by Keri Author and a great addition to any paranormal lovers “must read” list.

In the first installment of Jessica McClain, we meet Jessica who is the only female born into a werewolf pack.  Her father is the alpha and her brother, Tyler, is on track to take over the pack one day.  Then something unusual happens; Jessica shifts into a werewolf.  Trying to keep her secret under raps, while having the local detective on her tail is not easy.  Not to mention a high profile assassin who wants to meet her, this chick has a lot on her plate.

 

Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson

Jessica McClain #2

2

The second installment of the Jessica McClain series entitled Hot Blooded pick up right where Full Blooded left off.  After fighting off the wolves, Jessica’s mate Rourke has been captured and Jessica is willing to do anything to get him back.

Jessica has yet again proven that she is a super freak and the sups of her world are out to get her.  Dealing with her father’s pack and going against her father’s wishes by making a pact with a vampire queen to help her find her mate, Jessica embarks on a mission to find Rourke.  With Tyler, Danny, and Ray (yes detective Ray) on her team and a few vamps to boot how could Jess go wrong right? 

The luck of this girl sucks.  The action and pace for this series is set so fast, if you blink you will miss something.  That is what I love about this series.

The strong female heroine and developed side characters make this series what it is.  I really like Ray, Danny and Tyler maybe they can all have a HEA. 

The only issue I had with this book was the fact that I waited quite patiently for Jessica and Rourke to hook up in book one.  That didn’t happen, so I thought for sure in book two the two would get down and dirty.  Sadly to say I am still waiting for the two to seal the deal.  Hopefully when they do the mating ritual it will be hot.

 

Cold Blooded by Amanda Carlson

Jessica McClain #3

3

Cold Blooded is the third installment in the Jessica McClain series by Amanda Carlson.  This series has quickly become one of my favorite series.  Right up there with Cat and Bones which happens to be one of my favorites.

Ok so far Jessica and her pack have faced wolves, a crazy Goddess and her followers, demons, and other sups but now she is up against a vampire queen and witches.  How does she get herself into these situations?  It seems like just when she return from one fight she is sucked into another. 

That is what I like about this series.  The action is not lacking.  The characters are great and the plot always thickens.  Each book is better than the last.  This series is a must read for me!

I really don’t know what else to say that I haven’t already covered in my previous review.  Just go buy this book and get hooked on this series as much as I am!

I am patiently waiting the next book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment