Friday, November 22, 2013

Fine Young Gentlemen


Fine Young Gentlemen by C.W. Slater


OK, let me start of by saying I loved animal house and I am not even from that generation. I am also a chick that has a sailor mouth and raunchy sense of humor, but this book was out of my league.


I read the blurb and thought to myself that I would like this book and find it humorous. WRONG! This book was beyond vulgar. I am scared to think that boys actually think like this. The subject content is alarming.


I had a hard time relating to the character and the plot which was not much to it. I had high hopes for this book, but unfortunately it fell flat on many levels.


Synopsis:
*CONTENT WARNING: coarse language, sexuality, graphic violence including murder, mature themes. Not for children*

Go inside the heads of three raunchy, impulsive sixteen-year-old boys at the elite Percy College School—where status-hungry moms blackmail students, and self-absorbed administrators will do anything to protect the school's reputation. Craig is the popular golden boy struggling to hide a terrible secret. Jacob is an emerging psychopath plotting to eliminate his rivals. Sex-obsessed Matt is desperate to lose his virginity. Dark satirical fun that dares to show what teenage boys really think. The first book of the upcoming series Fine Young Gentlemen.

Please note the content warning. This is not a Young Adult romance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment