Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rise and Fall Series


Faster We Burn (Rise and Fall #2)
by Chelsea M. Cameron

Faster We Burn is the second installment of the Rise and Fall Series and is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors and series as well.  This story picks up toward the end of Deeper We Fall with Katie and Stryker. 

Katie and Stryker’s story is told from both points of view.  The fast paced romance and plot is beautifully written and is sure not to disappoint.  Ms. Cameron is a mastermind at her writing style and this story flows really well.  Compassion, resilience, and emotions fly high in this captivation new adult series that will leave readers craving the next installment.

Opposites Katie Hallman and Stryker Grant have mutual friends in common.  After being burned in the worst way by her boyfriend Zack, Katie feels broken.  Stryker can relate because he is broken being an orphan in childhood to a drug addicted mother.  The pair quickly become each others distraction but is just sex enough when feelings start to develop.  This pair faces tragedy after tragedy and has no one to turn to but each other, but can they be just friends or is love in the air?

Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty, who can not love a guy named Stryker?  I mean just the name alone is the epitome of hotness.  I’m not really into a guy with piercings and dyed hair, but quickly changed my mind with Stryker.  Katie a girly girl that is in love with pink, the all American good girl that goes off to college to please her parents and care what other people think.  I think that the author was so smart to pair these two characters showing the diversity and commonality in two people that seem so different on the outside but are so similarly broken on the inside. 

I love how the author starts the story between these two in the middle of the previous book, it gives readers insight on what was really going on between these two and different perspectives on the story line.  True fans will appreciate this (I know I did).  I also loved all the musical influences in this particular installment.  I actually looked into some of these bands and I could see it as the playlist for this book.

The one complaint that I have on this is the ending.  I do not feel like it was rushed, rather just stopped.  That is one thing that I did not like and but that is the only thing.  Who knows Ms. Cameron might surprise us in the next installment and give me the conclusion that I want. 

I can’t wait to see how the author will write the next chapter in this series and who will get the next book.  I hope each character will get one and Allen too.  This series gets a 5 star rating, but this particular book gets 4 ¾ stars because of the abrupt ending I had to take off some. 










Deeper We Fall (Rise and Fall #1)
by Chelsea M. Cameron
Dare I say that Chelsea M. Cameron has reached Abbi Glines, Colleen Hoover, Steph Campbell, Elizabeth Reyes, Jamie McGuire, Liz Reinhadt, Tammara Webber, and Nicole Williams status with just one book?  YES!  I can not believe that I can be obsessed with a new author after just one book.  This first book, Deeper We Fall, in the Rise and Fall series has knocked me off my feet and left me wanting more.

I absolutely loved the emotional roller coaster that we ride in this well thought out book.  I know that the bad boy meets good girl scenario is a bit cliché, but what if the boy is not that bad after all.  I am a sucker for a bad boy, hence the Travis Maddox, Jude Ryder, and Beau Vincent obsessions, but I think that Zan Parker is in  my top 5 all time book bad boys I wish were real (don’t tell anyone that I have these obsessions).  

So I really didn’t know what to expect with this book because the blurb honestly could have been written better now that I have read the book, but I guess that the author wanted to be mysterious in the synopsis.  I actually bought the book and then got a review copy, and I was lucky enough to get the second book from the author(I do not know Ms. Cameron I received this copy for an honest review).   I am so glad that I didn’t put this book on hold on my reader because it was GREAT.

I would have already started the second book, Faster We Burn, but I happened to kill my reader’s battery blowing through this one.  I am sad that I have to wait for the darn thing to charge before I can get my hands on the highly anticipated second installment. Ok so I have gone on and on about how I loved this book but if you are a fan of mature YA/New Adult you must try this one for yourself.  My prediction is that Cheslea M. Cameron will be the next big thing.

This story is beautifully written showing readers how forgiveness, redemption, healing, and love can change someone’s life dramatically.  I Deeper We Fall a whopping 5 star review.  Well done Ms. Cameron, well done!

  Alexander “Zan” Parker has been in love with Charlotte “Lottie” Anders since he can remember but having a crush on a girl older can leave you unnoticed.  After a tragic car accident leaves Lottie’s best friend with a traumatic brain injury and Zan as the driver it seems like both teens’ worlds will never be the same. 

Lottie wants to move past the accident that haunts her everyday thoughts and goes away to college with her twin brother. But she soon discovers that the accident is part of her life with Zan and his ruthless brother Zack living in her dorm building on campus. 

Lottie soon learns that forgiveness and second chances are a must to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment